fibre glass use

To: Carter Tuggle <goutvols2@mchsi.com>
Subject: fibre glass use
From: Aubrey Schneider <aschneider@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2002 19:53:28 -0800
Hello Carter,
Sorry 'bout my late response. Life got in the way.

I had never done work using fibreglass, so researched a lot.Much info comes
with the products, which I found to be accurate.
Firstly, it is imperative that ALL rusted parts are cut away & only clean
shining metal is left. This will be the foundation to bond on to & unless clean
(no oils etc) it will not adhere.
I practiced on many projects, noting temperature, hardner, to see when it will
still be workeable. Heat & quantities of product & hardner are the basics to
good workeable fg.
First I used kitty hair, which is a rough product comprised of long strands &
re-inforced filler & enables you to mould it into the shape that you want. I
did mine by eye & the final result was very acceptable.
I did use a mesh  whic was easy to mould onto. Next I used Evercoat 3, which is
a non clog lightweight filler.

Primers are used between & after each application, Sanding is easy although
time consuming as all sanding is.
Check prep time/temps & experiment quite a few times before attempting your
car.
Hope that helps

Aubrey in Vancouver