Re: 'D' type O/D second /third gear end float

To: mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 'D' type O/D second /third gear end float
From: Mgbbob@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 23:30:28 EST
Hi Mark,
I got quite a lengthy and informative explanation from Rich
(borisri@earthlink.net) who wanted me to be sure I was measuring between the
correct gears (2nd and 3rd) and that all the thrust washers are replaced.
I've replaced the rear thrust washer and I brought it down from .020 to .012.
Since all these gears stack up on the mainshaft, Rich says...correctly so,
that I need to change out the interlocking washer also. These I need to get
yet.
This my first tranny and I'm still learning.
I'll keep you informed.
Bob Stahlbush
66 MGB GHN3L 78708
60 TR3A TS 81398L