Re: How much to ship an engine

To: Zubrovka <zubrovka@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: How much to ship an engine
From: David Deutsch <mgman@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:36:16 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Zubrovka <zubrovka@earthlink.net>
To: Andrew B. Lundgren <lundgren@byu.net>
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net <mgs@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, March 11, 2002 4:16 PM

Unless you do it a lot, shipping heavy items is a real pain.  I
shipped some Packard fenders to a guy in New York once.  I had to
build a huge crate for them, it was a big a hassle.
I made the crate from cypress lumber.  The guy wrote me about being
happy with the fenders and told me he took the cypress and made a
home entertainment center with it.
John

Sounds like a Henry Ford story. Ford would specify shipping crate materials
and dimensions and then disassemble the crates and use the materials in
builting of the cars.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch

///