Re: aluminum radiators

To: Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil
Subject: Re: aluminum radiators
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:25:46 -0500
Andrew,
  Your comment recalls to me that my 1987 S-10 is now on its third
radiator.  As you noted, all are aluminum with plastic tanks.  #s 1 and 2
sprung leaks that local shops could not repair. After the first one died
at six years, I carefully rinsed off wintertime salt with fresh water
every time the truck got a bath. The second radiator lasted seven years
before replacement, though it was leaking from a week after end of
warranty and I plugged it with Barr's stop leak regularly.
   However, I am told that Freightliner trucks use aluminum rads with
endcaps, and that they last forever and ever.  It may be that the
aluminum rads that you and I have experienced on our light vehicles have
been crummy examples.
Bob

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:30:27 -0700 Maffei Andrew P SSgt 27 LG/LGQPT
<Andrew.Maffei@cannon.af.mil> writes:
> Like anyone asked me,  but here's my .02cents on this subject,

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///