Re: carb-manifold reassembly

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Subject: Re: carb-manifold reassembly
From: "Mike Janacek" <mjanacek@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 18:29:29 -0500
Monte,
Your order of items sounds OK.
Moss's catalog does show only two gaskets required, but I'd consider putting
one between each item to be safe from vacuum leaks. If the manifold gasket
has metal on only one side, put that side toward the head. Same applies to
the asbestos-like material on the "olive" between the cat or '75 pipe and
manifold (i.e., goes toward the heat).

Mike
'79B (SU converted)