Cat Reinstall

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cat Reinstall
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:29:22 -0500
I have reinstalled the rebuilt motor in my 1980 MGB. What is the
preferred method of installing the intake/exhaust manifold relative to
the catalytic converter? Is it preferable to attach it to the manifold
first and then attempt to line it up with the exhaust? I had also
removed my exhaust system to repair a minor leak and now the cat and the
pipe don't precisely line up for reattaching bu they are very close. Is
it preferable to attach the cat to the exhaust first and the manifold
last? Without the carb on the manifold there is just enough space to
gain access to the three studs that protrude from the manifold thru the
collar on the cat. I guess it boils down to a question of whether it is
better to attach the cat to the manifold or the exhaust pipe first.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///