MGB in the salvage yard

To: mgsdigest@us.ibm.com
Subject: MGB in the salvage yard
From: "James Laukaitis" <jim5@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 10:45:50 -0500
Here's the scoop:

      I said: <A friend in my car club mentioned to me that he has a MGB
(he is not an LBC guy) at his salvage yard, but not sure what, he thinks
rubber bumper. He says it has no title. Not sure if its there only because
of that or it is salvage as well.>
      Ok, I went to take a look. It is a roadster and missing a lot.
Needless to say I wont be looking for that title. There are a lot of body
parts, and in good shape (read little rust). The floors and trunk were
really good. It is red that was resprayed over Chartreuse (not Citron, I
think). Anyway I got the VIN number and it seems to be a 1976. Can I swap
the doors off the roadster to my '67 BGT? My passenger side is rusty. It
has rear rims (the fronts are missing alond with disc brakes, and hubs)
which I will proabably take (I have bolt on hubs and rear axle in my
garage). Its too bad the B is there. It is missing a lot, but the body is
in great shape. The bottom half of the block is all thats left. I think the
tranny is gone too. Somethings I couldn't check, I was holding my 15 month
old, whom was having a grand time and cried when we left. BTW all the
lenses were there and intact.
I just checked, for some reason my '67 BGT only has one reverse lamp. Is
that correct? I assume not.
Can anyone think of anything else I should grab off the '76 B?

Cheers!

Jim Laukaitis
'67 BGT
email: jim5@us.ibm.com