probably a repetitive topic...Slick 50

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: probably a repetitive topic...Slick 50
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 09:34:00 -0500
Springtime and oil change calls.

Oh learned mechanics, here is my question.

Putting synthetic in a 60,000 mile engine probably does not make sense.
20W-50 is the norm, but what about something like Slick 50. The engine has
a 54,000 mile history that I don't know. It does mildly leak from the rear
seal (although significantly less since I added some anonymous seal
swelling additive). I don't want to pull the engine until I have to and
would like to delay that as long as possible.

Is there any positive advantage or negative disadvantage to using an
additive like Slick 50?

Bill
'76B

///