rambling on

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: rambling on
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 00:57:09 -0800
Thanks, everyone, for the replys about damper filling and how to put gaiters
on. The consensus for the gaiters seems to be don't take the tie rods off if
you don't have too, but unscrew the tie rod from the rack.
I'm sincerely hoping to get this car all back together this weekend and run it
down the road, WHEEEEE :-) Just in case I could actually help someone else
instead of always asking for help, here's what I've done since Sept:

cleaned all terminals, fuses, and connections, broken the tach, new battery
and cables, cleaned braided ground strap, new tires, changed over from
electronic ignition to points dizzy, rebuilt ZS carb and cleaned and inspected
water choke (piece of cake), replaced manifold gasket and gasket between
manifold and cat. convertor, replaced exhaust system hangers, replaced left
front motor mount (bitch), replacing tie rod gaiters this week, removed and
inspected pinion gear/rod, new plugs, repaired lighting system, installed
stereo, replaced broken wires behind stereo, cleaned heater knob adjustment
gears, replaced heater control valve, degreased and painted air filter
housing, fabricated and installed new heat shield, installed quick release
battery cable on negative side, broke seat mechanism, replaced voltage
stabilizer, replaced both relay switches under hood, new blinker relay,
removed steering cowl and replaced ignition switch (twice), fixed cigarette
lighter, cleaned out fresh air vent drain tube, fixed short in one horn,
installed 4" speakers in doors, dismantled door and greased window mechanism
(it still winds hard) and reinstalled nuts that supported window vent (they
were in the bottom of the door and a real bear to get threaded back on). Also
picked up a 74 1/2 parts car and trailered it 5 hours one-way against 40 mph
headwinds.  I'm sure there are other things but....
I feel that, with all your expert help, I'm just about to get this car up to
daily driver status. I've checked into the background of the car and it does
have 49000 original miles and had been garaged most of it's life. This is
evident when you see that there is no rust or wear under the car, the body is
rust-free, and the motor, boot, and under bonnet compartment is basically rust
free also.
Again, thanks to all who've answered my pleas and if I can help anyone please
ask.
Monte 79B and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA

///