Re: Kids today!

To: "Steve Morris" <MGA1500@mac.com>, "Kevin Sullivan"
Subject: Re: Kids today!
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 08:49:44 -0600
> None of mine have an oil pressure gauge except the MGA. You would think
> the WRX would as a performance car.
>
> Steve

   This is a PITA.  We are adding an oil pressure gauge to our BMW 1600-2
rally car -- and an oil temperature gauge.
   And FWIW, my BMW E30 M3 doesn't have an oil pressure gauge either!
It does have an oil temp gauge.  I asked BMW why.  They answer was that
for today's drivers (read: mechanically-mindless morons) oil pressure gauges
serve no purpose other than to scare them -- and the idiot light does that
job
just fine.

rick

///