Re: Sorry, More coil, Lucas SA 12

To: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Subject: Re: Sorry, More coil, Lucas SA 12
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 18:22:12 -0600
Patton Dickson wrote:

> At 05:00 PM 3/23/2002, Rocky Frisco wrote:
> >Patton Dickson wrote:
> > > this is a Lucas SA 12. All of the references say I should have a Lucas HA
>
> >Does it have an alloy casing with cooling fins? What colour is it?
>
> It has a brushed metal casing (aluminium?) with a red top with the screw
> type lead for the dist cap.  No cooling fins.

Might well be a Sports Coil. I had the one with the fins on my MGA
and used it later in the racing Mini. It was the doggie's danglies.
Still kick myself for letting it go with the Mini when I sold it.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Red Dirt Rangers (Rocky on piano): http://www.reddirtrangers.com
JJ Cale Live (w/Rocky): http://www.rocky-frisco.com/calelive.htm