Re: Minor electrical problem

To: "Mark Smith" <mark.smith@optushome.com.au>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Minor electrical problem
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:36:50 -0000
Some dimming of headlights at idle is to be expected.  Your tach problem
could be due to a bad ground, there should be a black ground wire to each
gauge for the panel lights.  In the case of the tach this is required for
the tach electronics also.  Without it the tach will 'see' a ground through
its panel light to the red/white and from there through other panel lights
to their grounds.  With the lights on, depending on how bright they are set,
the operation of the tach will be affected to some degree.