Re: GT rear Carpeting

To: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@juno.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT rear Carpeting
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 14:05:31 -0700
Bill,
I just did this a couple of months ago from a Moss kit, so I'll take a shot.
They were covered without fibreboard on the Driver's left side.  On driver's
right there would have been a fibreboard part that covered the evap
canister.  My kit didn't have carpet for the insides of the fenders, but I
had a spare pair of wheel well covers for a roadster so I used them.  My
advice is to cut and glue in something that will cover the inner fender
section to your liking.  The bottom and the taillights were covered by one
piece.

In VERY rough description it is a delta or arrowhead shape.  Round and ~5"
wide at one end, this end covers the taillights; this widens to perhaps 10"
where the wheel well comes up from the floor.  There is then the arrow type
shape that goes up the wheelwell and around the c-pillar a ways.  This
creates a lot of overlap on the wheelwell piece, but this floor piece has
finished edges, so it makes some sense.

My feeling is just cut stuff to cover to your liking, and for maximum
coverage.  I attached the pieces onto the fender with a couple of self
adhesive Velcro squares at top; on the taillights I put a piece of Velcro on
inside of the body between the light and the trunk seal.  These things serve
to counter the affects of gravity on these parts, while still leaving the
lights easily serviceable.

I hope all of this typing is somehow helpful.
james