Re: FW: [NO LBC - BUT FUNNY] 10 Worst Cars Ever Made!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: [NO LBC - BUT FUNNY] 10 Worst Cars Ever Made!
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 09:08:12 -0400
As a former owner of 2 of the 10 Worst Cars Ever Made, I thought I'd annote
some of this:
>=================
>5.  CHEVY CHEVETTE

My Chevette wouldn't back up. I heard the reverse gear die one day and
after that, the car sounded like a truck. Unfortunately,  it ran and ran
and ran. I learned to be careful about parallel parking.

>================
>2.  CHEVY VEGA
I loved my wife's Vega, but then, I'm a masochist. At 49,000 miles, the
engine blew, but since GM offered to replace the engine up to 50,000 due to
its 'new' 2-metal head/block design, I got to experience another 50,000
miles of excruciating pleasure. I learned to break by putting my foot on
the ground like a bike, and I used to carry 2 pair of pants when it rained,
one in a plastic bag.

        The only drawback was the father-in-law who traded in a 3-cylinder '66
mustang for a new 71 vega.
Sigh.

BillS.
'76B