Heads R Us

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heads R Us
From: Ruggiero Larry Lt Col AFRC/XPXS <Larry.Ruggiero@AFRC.AF.MIL>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 16:42:45 -0400
Hey Gang...

whilst freshening a not-so-old rebuilt head for my '72 18V engine rebuild, a
couple questions come up. What improved valve stem oil seals are recommended
these days-- something besides the original O-rings. I remember but can't
find it now a reference to some American seal that fits. I'd like them to
work with double valve springs and the original spring retainers and keepers
if possible. Next issue--upgrading to tufrided rocker shaft (no $$ for
roller rockers). Should I replace the rocker arm bushings, or would the new
shaft size be good enough in the old bearings-- them seem tight now on the
old shaft. That's all for now-- next set of questions/can of worms will be
about cam grinds-- argh.

Larry Ruggiero '72 B
Warner Robins, GA