Re: knock off wheels on ebay Now Widest Tyres

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: knock off wheels on ebay Now Widest Tyres
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 15:48:52 -0700
After careful consideration I've come to the conclusion that full lock
is completely irrelevant to fouling the tie rod ends, as they are fixed
in place :)  So disregard that bit.

On the topic of offsets:

Moss Motors, the minilite replica they sell
(14x5.5 PN 455-386) has 23 mm positive offset.  Main Street
Motorsport reports that their minilites (the real ones, not replicas)
are available in offset ranges from 15-30mm (backset 105-120mm) and
they have a very nice but spendy 14x6 alloy rim.

My 6" rims have zero offset which I definately do not recommend.  Well,
actually since I got the flange shaved, its about 4 mm pos offset now,
just enough to not rub with 195 tires (most of the time).  But I got
them very cheap and they look "phat", as the kids say.

http://www.mgbexperience.com/view/?skye/rear-20.jpg

Skye