Re: MG Rover Group To Provide Engines For CART Series From 2003

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG Rover Group To Provide Engines For CART Series From 2003
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 22:12:50 +0930
MGTD1952@cs.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/14/02 2:36:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> eric@erickson.on.net writes:
>
> > Officials from MG Rover and Championship Auto Racing Teams, Inc. (NYSE:
> > MPH) announced today a new engine supplier relationship for the CART
> > FedEx Championship Series for 2003 and beyond.
>
> Okay, it's not April 1, so this can't be a joke.........

Don't worry.  I read it... then re-read it... then saw it covered on our
motorsport program on television today before I posted it.

This is an official media release.

But, as mentioned on television, there has been no word of which (if
any) team will actually USE the engine.  MG Rover have just said that
they will develop a 3.5 litre normally aspirated engine to the new specs
required by CART.

Now although that have just taken up with Honda, I would love to try to
convince my friends in Fernandez Racing ( http://www.fernandezracing.net
) to take up with the MG Rover engine seeing as their new chassis comes
from Lola.

Now, let's see... an MG Rover engine in a Lola chassis - where have we
heard *that* before :-)

I will have to work on this.

Fantastic new - and a new opportunity to see the octagon on the track.  woohoo

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII