Fw: alternator

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: alternator
From: "Paul Hunt \(Telewest\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 16:05:58 +0100
 Were/are the turn signals, brake lights, reverse lights etc working?  If so
 it is nothing to do with the fuse.

 Are the gauges working now or not?  Those two are powered from the voltage
 stabiliser, a box a bit like a turn or hazard flasher, it has green and
 light-green/green wires on it.  Should be screwed to the inside of the
 firewall somewhere.  Steady 12v input on the green from the fused ignition
 to the B terminal and 12v switching on and off about once a second or so on
 the light-green/green on the I terminal.  From there to those two gauges
 only.

 Were the fins *definitely* not bent before?  If not possibly picked up a
 rock which hit the alt, maybe the shock knocked the gauges wire loose.