Re: gearbox problem

To: "Kevin D. Richards" <flybirds@starpower.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gearbox problem
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 15:52:54 +0100
Driven one of these before?  They are supposed to need a bit of a run at it
to get it right across (or should that be left across ...) the gate.  If you
just move it slowly you need quite a lot of pressure to defeat the initial
detent, and then the return spring is stronger too.  Intention is to make it
more difficult when changing with great gusto to go from 3rd to reverse ...