Re: vent window

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: vent window
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 23:24:13 -0600
> It was top-down weather for ducks today here in Missouri, but Friday it
was
> for MG's. When I meet a car or, especially, a truck the vent window that
is
> open always blows shut (79B). Any way to tighten these up?

pull off the door panel and find the two fixing nuts that hold the vent
window down into the door, they are big 1" long nuts.  Located between them
is a shaft with a spring and a nut compressing the spring.  If you tighten
this one (compress the spring) the window gets tighter.  If you pull it too
tight you will have problems latching and unlatching the window.  It
probably won't take much rotation to solve your problem, but lube it so you
don't snap that stud.  Once you pull the door panel these parts should be
easy to find, and if you move the vent with the panel off, you will see that
the shaft with spring is the lower pivot of the vent window.

james