Re: Difference in curve between aluminum CBB and steel RBB

To: British Sportscar Center <Lawrie@britcars.com>,
Subject: Re: Difference in curve between aluminum CBB and steel RBB
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:18:08 -0700 (PDT)
I can't detect anything when I look at my '65 B's aluminum and '76 B's
steel bonnets... Perhaps it has to do with trying to close the steel
bonnet and not un-latching the 'self-triggering' bonnet prop correctly...!
Many B's (my '76 included) have a slightly different curvature to one side
of the boot lid for that reason...!

--- British Sportscar Center <Lawrie@britcars.com> wrote:
> Moss is a pretty conscientious researcher and their catalog lists only
> one
> hood option for MGBs. In my 26 years of working on these cars, I've
> never
> noticed any difference in hoods between CB and RB cars, except the prop
> bracketry. So, I'd have to say your source of information that there was
> 1/2" difference in curve height may not have had his/her facts
> completely
> straight.
>
> Lawrie
> British Sportscar Center