Re: sitting on top of the world

To: paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: sitting on top of the world
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 09:52:02 -0400
  In the 1940s and 1950s, when many people had sun visors on their
Detroit iron, there was a plastic lens, half-moon in shape, that was
secured to the inside of the windscreen with a suction cup.   That was
supposed to make it possible for one to see an overhead stoplight.
   Are those things still in production?
   Would a small piece of the plastic Fresnel lens material that we see
on campers/caravans  have the effect of bringing a view of the stoplight
to a tall MGB driver?
Bob