Seat height vs Steering wheel or Just a fat *ss

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Seat height vs Steering wheel or Just a fat *ss
From: "Mike Nordling" <nordling@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 08:55:25 -0400
The warm weather has teased us here in the northeast but must have seen its
shadow.  But it gave me some time to think about solving some issues before
the real driving weather starts.
Finding a wood wheel that fits:
The PO did a great job on re-upholstering/stuffing the seats however the
driver side sits very high up.  This causes my rt leg to rub against the
5o'clock position on the wheel.  I know there are smaller wheels but does
anyone know of a wood wheel that will accomplish 2 things:
1. closely resemble the light walnut color on my shifter and 2. provide a
better fit. The color of the "typical" wood moto-lita looks close but its
too big in diameter and has a skinny width.  I'd like a thicker grip if
possible. I found the website with the custom made wheel but that may be a
little too much effort for me.

The shift knob the one with the white color circa 1971.  Or any other
solutions? perhaps a good exercise tape, hehe?

Mike
1971 MGB - 72 interior style from factory