Big guys in little cars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Big guys in little cars
From: gc <litfuse@isp01.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:04:04 -0400
I've been reading with amusement about the problems we tall guys (I'm 6'5")
face in our MGBs.
In the rare instances I drive hood up, I tell the traffic light color by
reflection off my
(non-stock) chrome wiper arms.

I solved a related problem last year and it occurred to me other tall
people may benefit:  Turn signals.
My eyes align with the steering wheel to block the indicators.  Yep, I'm
one of those who left them on
sometimes for 30 minutes or more, and I often didn't even wear a hat!  I
bought me a loud clicking
turn signal flasher at the local car parts store.  I can even hear it at
speed and loud exhaust.  Easy and
non-annoying, unlike a beeper I previously wired in.

And yes, people will wait in parking lots to see me get in and out.
Especially tricky with hood up.