Re: brake flex hose recommendation

To: <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake flex hose recommendation
From: "David Hill" <davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 02:20:46 +0100
Hi,

Just an aside to this one.

Braided hoses use the s/s braid to support their internal flexi-pipe so if
the braid gets compromised, you'll get a burst. IMHE (experience), the
easiest way to check them is to feel, rather than look - if the s/s braid is
damaged or abraded, it can be quite easily felt and if it's bad, it'll spike
you anyway.
Coincidentally, I just had this on a Rolls Royce Corniche suspension system.
An original (1980) aeroquip had worn through against the power steering pump
bracket. The damage could be felt anyway but the arterial bleed of green LHM
fluid was a bit of a giveaway ;-)

Cheers,

David Hill
York, UK