RE: now power brakes

To: "'Scott Pontius'" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: now power brakes
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 09:14:55 -0700
Scott:

        I was in the midst of doing this conversion to my 79B just before I
moved.  The master is in place, so I can walk you through that job.  It does
involve fabricating a piece of sheet metal to cover up the overlarge hole on
the firewall.  Once the plate is made up it is a pretty straightforward job
to bolt the early pedal box in place with through bolts.  It would be really
trick to install captive nuts, or even to use a chunk of original 68-74
firewall but not necessary.

        I havn't gotten to the plumbing yet, but plan on not using the brake
balance switch unit.  Opting to use a basic tee for the front brakes
instead.

        My main reason for converting was just to see how hard it would be.
The 79B is pretty much a development mule for ideas that are going to go
into my V8 B.

Kelvin Dodd
Ojai, CA

 I have considered