cross country drive route

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: cross country drive route
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 22:29:13 -0500
Having recently purchased a 67 B in Seattle, I'm driving (hopefully not
towing) it home to Missouri. I think I'll be taking I-84 South to Salt Lake
City and then I-80 on over towards Northeast Missouri. As close as I can
figure it is around 2100 miles, quite a haul for it's virgin voyage! We'll see
how it holds up. Planning on camping (it's been YEARs since I've tent camped)
so I'm going to avoid I-90 as it will probably be colder up there.
The person that worked on this car is from the Seattle area; one Jesse
Walters. He said he has worked on many enthusiast's cars in that area. Anyone
know him? He has offered to meet me before I start back and go over the car
the make sure it's as ready as possible for the trip. I took this gesture as a
positive one, especially since he is not the seller, only a friend of the
seller.

There is no owner's manual with the car. Does anyone have a WORKSHOP OR
OWNER'S MANUAL for this car they would part with so I can take it with me? I
have the Haynes 62-80 edition, but thought another might also be helpful.

Thank you for all the information and also to those of you that offered help
along the way. Hopefully it will not be needed.
I'm flying out on the May 21st and leaving Seattle the morning of the 23rd.
Probably 10 hours/day driving time will be all that I can handle. So if you
see a 67 BRG w/ black hardtop-wave (and stop if I'm alongside the road :-).

Monte 79B and 74 1/2 parts car, and a 67B a long way from home.
Kahoka, MO USA