Cup holder-solved

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cup holder-solved
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 21:32:26 -0500
Wow,
I can't believe all the solutions for holding a cup. Thanks for all the
ideas-they got me in the problem-solving mode. I have solved the problem and
built a two cup holder out of oak that looks nice. It is fitted between the
shifter and the radio console. I routed the underside to fit the tapering lips
on the plastic console so it stays in place very well (I tried it out for 250
miles this weekend).  It is only about 12 inches long and 6 inches wide and I
affixed  two adjustable K-Mart single cup holders onto it. It is out of the
way in all gears, will hold a coffee cup or a 32 oz glass, and you just lift
it up to adjust the heater. For those of you that are concerned, you don't
have to take your eyes off the road since you can see the drink right there in
front of you. Personally, I'm having a hell of a time getting used to it right
there in my sight since I usually try to drive without looking at the road. So
if you see a BRG 67B on the highway between Missouri and Seattle, you better
vacate the road cause I ain't lookin' :-)

Monte 79B, 67B, and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA