Help with emission conversion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Help with emission conversion
From: BarrMark262@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 23:49:51 EDT
Hi Listers: I am removing the engine and tranny on my early '74 MGB. The PO,
besides trying to drown the car, removed and/or tied off the emission
"stuff".
Here is my question.
In my state, the car no longer has to pass anything except it's own shadow,
so what earlier engine would be the "model" from diagramns, that I should use
to get a good running engine using only a minimum of the emission equipment
if any.
As I say, almost everything is gone anyway, and the PO did not leave any list
of what he did. (Too bad he did not leave his name. Boy did the seller
misrepresent this car. Buyer beware)
I can read a manual pretty well, but don't know which earlier model will give
me decent performance without choking it to death.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Especially anyone who has faced what I am
with this car.

Dennis Barr
Owner of a real bad '74 MGB.