cam

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: cam
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 09:48:11 -0600
What is a good mild performance cam for the MGB 18V engine?

I was bidding on a Piper fast road camshaft on Ebay but I'm below the
reserve, auction expires in about an hour. I have also seen Kent cams on
Ebay plus some of the suppliers sell the Kent models.

I tried an Isky reground camshaft on my 71BGT about 20 years ago but its
lobes wore down in the first year that I used it so I had to replace it
with a spare stock cam.

Any camshaft recommendations and possible costs involved?  I'll probably
let my bid expire unless I hear otherwise that its a good camshaft and
price. I'm up to $48 but the shipping will add significantly to that.

David