Starter Problem?

To: <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter Problem?
From: "S Twigg" <seanan@crosslink.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 16:42:50 -0400
Everyone,
        I'm currently working on my new acquisition, a 75 MGB.  I tried
to start it last night to no avail.  The battery was low because I had
been working on my non-operational wipers.  So I charged it overnight.
        This morning I put the battery back in and the car started but
it wanted to stay at about 4000 rpm.  I switched the car off and again
it would not start.  I get a click, like the starter wants to do
something, but no engine turnover, etc.  I checked the connections to
the starter, and the ground strap, so I think it is relay.  But the
relay is almost new.  Can anyone think of something I might be
overlooking?

Thanks,
Sean Twigg
75 B