RE: Castrol GTX High Mileage 20W50

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Castrol GTX High Mileage 20W50
From: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:08:10 -0500
> I spotted something new at the local auto parts shop. Castrol
> has a new
> 20W50 for high mileage engines, that is, engines with over
> 75,000 miles.
> That certainly describes the engines in my MGs. Is this stuff
> worth the
> extra price?

Haven't come across the Castrol version yet, but I'm happy to see they're
making one.  Valvoline has had a 'high-mile' oil out for a while now.  The
theory is that there are additives to help soften old, hard seals, thus
preventing/stopping leaks.  I've heard from a number of people who have used
it and claimed good results.