dizzy problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: dizzy problem
From: bruce <mgb1964@cois.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:58:51 -0400
Learned List

        Last night while attempting to change the starter motor on my 64 B Iran
into a problem. The engine # is 18GUH3095. I can't for the life of me get
the distributor out. I have taken the two securing bolts out , as well as
backing off the clamp. It was extremely difficult to move the distributor
and it will not come out . What am I missing ? I read the manual and I have
another distributor out to look at . It looks simple.

        The Starter motor has the part # M4186. When I compare the new one with
the one in the car there is a difference in the size of the ouput shaft as
well as the gear that engages the flywheel. The gear is quite abit longer
and the shaft quite a bit thicker. Anyone have any thoughts as to why?

        I forgot on my first post, I did get a screw driver under the flange and
it moves in a circle but will not pry up.

        Thanks for any help.

Bruce Phillips
64 roadster
69 GT