Creaking and leaning MGB

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Creaking and leaning MGB
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 09:45:32 -0700
It's funny I saw the post for the creaking and leaning MGA this morn.  I
was going to post about a similar problem with my B.  It's been creaking
and leaning a little.  And not feeling right cornering.  My right rear
tire sits a little closer to the rear of the wheel well then the left.
Pushing down on the fenders the left is nice and taught.  The right
feels softer.  Pulling my wheels and giving it a close inspection I
found the top leaf broke!  Now I need to make a decision.  Do I replace
with stock new springs...  Do I go with lowered springs which would mean
replacing the fronts as well.  Or go with british automotives composite
springs.  Considering my luck with Moss parts.. ( using Moss to describe
the parts available from any supplier), I'm concerned that they actually
meet the correct specs for the car.  What I would like to know is what
springs you guys and gals have used and what the end results where.

Thanx..

Dennis Cox
67 MGB