Re: Cold Starts and Nice Afternoon (or late evening) drives.

To: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cold Starts and Nice Afternoon (or late evening) drives.
From: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:59:06 -0700
On Saturday, May 18, 2002, at 08:57  PM, Aeseeyou@aol.com wrote:

> My MGB (1978) doesn't have a manual choke, and one of its charming
> "quirks"
> is that it feels like the ZS is bone dry, ergo the necessity of having
> "pump" the gas pedal to get the old gal into action! I went on a little
> drive

I believe the ZS automagic choke is enabled by doing that!

> today, and at first I drove with the hood up. Then after getting my
> nerve up
> I lowered the Hood and at put on the full tonneau for my return drive
> home.
> Got a lot of smiles and waves from the people as I drove by. Easy to
> see why
> the MGB is such a crowd pleaser.

Indeed.  I just returned from Moscow (8 miles), it's now almost
midnight.  I did wuss out and roll the windows up, but otherwise the
hood is in it's proper stowed position.  It's just too nice not to.
That half-dead hamster does gives out just the right amount of heat for
a drive like this was.

Only thing that made the trip less than perfect was I lost the nut that
holds my K&N filter on the base.  Electrical tape to the rescue (will be
getting a proper nut and some duct tape in the morning).

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
  My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.