MGA Gearbox

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Gearbox
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 16:24:23 -0400
Well this stinks.  Lost what I thought to be the clutch.  Car started
slipping and then when I pushed in the clutch it would not go into gear and
would clang.  Put in new pressure plate, disk, throw out bearing.  Put the
motor back in, put the car in gear and it is not in gear.  Hard to shift,
pedal real stiff.  Drive shaft turning as rear wheels move, but still will
not lock into gear.  I guess the gearbox must be shot.   If that is the case
where and how would I find a rebuilt gearbox?  Or if it something else
please let me know.
Mike