Re: Dwell

To: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dwell
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 10:47:15 +0100
No.

It's not hard, just a fiddle to get it right.  Slacken the fixing screw
*slightly* and use a screwdriver in the notch on the end of the points to
tweak it slightly.  Practice will teach you how much to slacken the screw
and how much to tweak it.  Personally I adjust by gap then confirm by dwell,
as the two agreeing with each other is confirmation that all is well in the
ignition LT department (if they do not agree you have problems of one sort
or another).  Thereafter it is simple to use dwell as subsequent intervals
to confirm the gap is still correct.