Re: bleeding the clutch

To: "DenverD" <DenverD@Texan.dk>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bleeding the clutch
From: "james" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 21:18:06 -0600
> QUESTION 2: the nipple *should* be on top, right?
>
> QUESTION 3: is swapping a simple process--that is, are they the same size
> threaded holes (or did the DPO do something REALLY stupid)??

Very often when cylinders are replaced, the new one will come with the bleed
nipple in the wrong port, I don't know why but it is very common.  The
threads are the same size so it is a simple change, BUT  the stress of
having the hose in the wrong port will often crack the hose near the lower
fitting.  That means that you will likely have to replace the hose to fix
this right.

james