Re: Sudden power loss

To: "joseph cianciotti" <jmc987@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Sudden power loss
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 09:17:39 +0100
If the tach dropped to zero while the engine was still spinning, and if the
ignition warning light remained off, then the problem is in the ignition LT
circuit i.e. the white supply to it, the coil, the connection to the points
or the points themselves.  When I had a spate of that it was the coil.  The
original coils had the spade terminals rivetted on to them and work loose
over time.  Later coils had them held on using studs and nuts.  If the
ignition warning light glowed when the engine was still spinning then the
12v supply from the ignition switch had failed.