Re: Spitfire

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Spitfire
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 10:25:58 -0500
Andy,
   I have been a fan of the little Spitfire for years and have built
a number of them.  I really like the early ones with the little
bubble tail lights.  Compared to the MGB they are really 'primal'
if that can be imagined.  Perhaps in terms of simplicity, they
are closer to the MGA.
   The most recent car I built had been damaged in an engine
<fuel> fire.  Many bits were totally ruined.  We ended up with a
Weber DGV carb and a Crane Cams optically triggered ignition.
The owner wanted rock-solid reliability, not necessarily a
'correct' or high performance car.  He drove it for the next 8 years
without a single failure!  I mean, the drive train is from a tractor.
They last forever!
   And you have to like a car that lets you set on the tire while
you tune it.

> Andy,
>
> Check out this guys site.
http://www.totallytriumph.net/spitfire/body.shtml