Re: Difference in wire & steel axles

To: "Jim Renkar" <ukiepilot@attbi.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Difference in wire & steel axles
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 15:48:33 +0100
When converting from wires to Rostyles the wheels move closer in to the
centre of the car.  Depending on what width wheels and tyres you run the
tyres can foul the inner arch, particularly on the RH side.  The
Salisbury/tube-type wire axle (which I presume you have on a 73) is 1/5in
narrower than the same steel axle.  If you opt to replace the axle you have
to replace the handbrake cable as well.