Re: Blowby Problem

To: "frank krajewski" <frankk@intap.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Blowby Problem
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 15:44:53 +0100
There should only be a relatively small air flow through the crankcase
ventilation system - there should be a restrictor in the pipe on top of the
rocker cover that goes to the charcoal cannister, and there should also be a
wire gauze 'filter'/flame trap in the pipe on the side cover to limit the
amount of oil that gets sucked up the tube.

Another cause of blue smoke from the exhaust when revving after idling for a
while is excessive oil being drawn down the valve stems directly into the
cylinders.