Re: Seat belts!!!!!!!!!!!!! old style needed

To: "Phil Cleobury" <mgsoftt@yahoo.com>, "MG car club"
Subject: Re: Seat belts!!!!!!!!!!!!! old style needed
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 19:01:44 -0500
<SNIP>

> I discovered that the early belts are not avalible ie
> the ones that attach to the rear shelf with a key hole
> type hole in the metal bracket.
>
> Does anyone have a belt I can purchase/have or know
> where I can get one resoably priced?

If you already have a set you may want to try the following belt restoration
sites:
http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/main.htm
http://www.andoauto.com/
http://www.quickfitsbs.co.uk/qsbs/home.htm

Haven't used any of them personally, but have heard good things about them
from others.

If you need a set of belts, you could watch for a set on eBay and send them
off to be restored.

On a similar note, anyone know where to purchase the little plastic inserts
for the same type of belts (It's the insert that keeps the 'keyhole' from
releasing from the post on the rear shelf)?

Jeff
'70B