Re: On the road again...

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: On the road again...
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 09:52:11 -0700
Word on the street is Jon Erikstad said:
> My B' GT just passed the 'EU-kontroll' ( MOT)
> It's a 1970, and emission controll did not start in Norway until '73,
> lucky me, it really need a new tune up.
> I have finally installed the gaskets where the window vipers goes
> through the chassie, it was leaking a lot.

I hate those darn window vipers ;)  They're so distracting, trying to
bite you while you're driving!
Sorry couldn't resist.

I replaced the same gaskets, mine were leaking too.

> I have some surface rust on the floors. Can i just put on some
> hamerite, and hope for the best, or do i have to get down to bare
> metal ?

Some paints are specifically designed to bind to rust so you don't have
to go to bare metal.  I know that POR-15 and Corroless fall into this
category, I don't know much about Hammerite

> I also have to put on some sound deadening 'plates'. Do they have to
> go up a bit on the sills, cover the hole floor, then up a bit on the
> gear-tunnel, or can i just use ready made plates that almost covers
> the floor width ?.

Metal plates?  I'm not sure that's the best way to quiet the car down, I
would think the cheap rubberized undercoating that comes in the aerosol
spray cans works quite well.

Skye

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)