Re: carpet installation question

To: "Carl French" <leylandauto@yahoo.com>, "mg list"
Subject: Re: carpet installation question
From: "James Kleemeyer" <jkk@adams.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 09:29:58 -0500
I just put carpet in my 74 B and used DAP Weldwood "The Original Adhesive"
on the wheel-house, trans tunnel, and the heel board carpets. I used a spray
adhesive on the rubber rocker covers and starter cover but gave up trying to
use it on the carpets, it just sort of soaked in and wouldn't hold anything.
I used velcro on the front floors and battery cover. Looks great.
 BTW, after fiddling with the seat packing, spacer, seat rails for a half
hour, I cut the heads off 4 1-1/2" bolts, cut screwdriver slots in them and
screwed them in the floor, put all of the parts and then the seats in place,
and then replaced the studs with the bolts one at a time. This may be old
news to some, but it worked great for me.

                           Jim K.