oil pipe from block to filter

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: oil pipe from block to filter
From: "Chuck Renner" <crenner@dynalivery.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 20:58:58 -0500
Thanks to all who helped with advice on getting the filter assembly seal
removed from the block.  After a few cuts with a screwdriver, it came out
nicely (most of it anyway).

Moving on to the pipe that connects from the back of the block to the filter
assembly.  I can't get the fitting on the pipe to turn loose from the
adapter that screws into the block.  I removed the whole thing as one unit,
thinking if I could get it in a vise, I'd be able to break it free.  Still
no luck.  Any advice?  I'll certainly apply heat from a torch if that's what
it takes...I like to play with fire, after all...I'm just always a bit leery
of taking a torch to parts like this that appear to be brazed....