Re: 79 Radiator Fan Switch/Guages

To: "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: 79 Radiator Fan Switch/Guages
From: Paul Root <proot@iaces.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:28:34 -0500
This is what I was doing Sunday night.

The fan in-line fuse is just below the fuse box. It's a 30SFE, about 1/4
  longer than the "normal" fuse.

The tach and fuel gauge, etc. are run by the 2nd fuse from the bottom.
Check it.

My DPO had wired the after market fan directly into that fuse, I'm
guessing because the DPPO had wired a toggle switch on the dash to turn
on the OE fans (I think, from what I gather from the rats nest of extra
wires I pulled out).

I replaced the fuse and the thermostatic switch and wired everything up
"correctly" and the fan started up after 5 minutes of idling or so.
Pretty cool.

I'm going to move forward with putting a relay in, as Paul recommends.
Makes sense.

Paul, there is a relay marked "when fitted" in the Moss catalog on the
radiator page of the Moss catalog. That should fit the bill shouldn't it?

Thanks,
Paul.

'77B (slowly being de-DPO'd :-)

--
Paul T. Root                    E/Mail: proot@iaces.com
600 Stinson Blvd, Fl 1S         PAG: +1 (877) 693-7155