O/D switch problem solved

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/D switch problem solved
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 23:27:22 -0700
Listers,
Some of you may remember that I was having a problem with my 78B o/d.
Some of you suggested I check the wiring, others the switch itself. It
had enough power to the switch from the battery etc,  I bought a new
switch to see if I had a bad switch. The new one didn't work either.  It
would engage the o/d but not dis-engage.  I put the old switch
(purchased 1 year earlier) back in and the same results.  It took a bump
or warm weather for it to dis-engage several seconds after the switch
was moved.  Well tonight I was going to our monthly GT and I said this
is the last thing I'm going to try and then I'm going to try and find an
original switch.   I pressed down on the switch with a lot of pressure
and it dis-engaged right away..... wow!  I did it again. Sure enough, it
was just a matter of applying enough pressure so the toggle inside
worked properly.  So if you buy a new switch from Moss, make sure you
apply enough pressure for the switch to dis-engage (-:
Jim
78B for sale, got a possible buyer tonight at our meeting
70B
Seeking MGCGT