Mixture too rich.....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mixture too rich.....
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 13:11:13 EDT
Hello fellow listers.....

I was putting around this last weekend in my MGA roadster and noticed the
exhaust seemed darker than usual. At first startup with the choke on it has a
tendency to look a little dark......but after looking in the end of the
tailpipe I realized it is coated with black residue. I checked one of the
plugs and it was really dark with residue also. I have played with the carbs
before to try to get them equalized, and in the process I probably screwed up
the mixture adjustment too. Those adjustable nuts on the bottom of the carbs
are for needle adjustment? Mixture? I wish I had a manual for the SU's, as it
would certainly come in handy. I want to get this thing adjusted properly for
better fuel economy, and better performance. Is the mixture increased when
the nuts are raised or lowered? TIA.........Bill

       1962 MGA MKII roadster  (that drinks too much ! - gasoline that is)