Le Mans!!

To: "MG-BBS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Le Mans!!
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 01:03:40 +0100
Hi all,

Long time no post! Tomorrow morning Paul H. and I are off to Le Mans for the
second year running. This year looks very promising what with MG lying in
5th and 10th place in the qualifying as I speak. The closest competitor down
in 24th so if the MG's hold together lets hope for a Class win, and all
fingers and toes crossed for a Podium finish!!!

I only hope the weather holds out, but with 27 deg C forecast it's looking
good. Last year was the 24 Heures du Rain et Bog, not the 24 Heures du Le
Mans. ;) <G> Both the V8's are prepped and ready to go and with the number
of tools and spare parts we are carrying we have enough bits and pieces to
build a third V8 if we could find a spare bodyshell. ;)

The trip over from England is always interesting for me, the French
motorways and deserted backroads not to mention the beautiful little towns
along the way. I've put around 35,000mls on my V8 since I bought her in Dec.
2000 and she's getting better every day. I love these Factory V8's they are
superb to drive long distances and are just as good in traffic. :) But I
miss my MGA back in Australia something rotten, not to mention *ahem* the
weather. ;) LOL

So everyone on the list keep all digits crossed Saturday afternoon-Sunday
afternoon. I'll be taking as many pics as I can over the weekend and I'll
try and get them up on my Website ASAP after the event.

When I get to the parking area, I hope they don't make me take off last
years parking permit - I'm collecting the things! Problem will be seeing out
of the Windscreen they're so huge!! <G>

Cheers,
Neil
74 BGT V8 / 68 C GT / 61 MGA 1600 / AH 100 BN2
http://www.lemans.org/
http://www.apphosting.com/mgstuff/